Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Purpose...way back when

Thanks to Facebook, the Little Sister I had when I was about 20 contacted me. Of course, more than 25 years later she is no longer "little". She is actually over six feet tall.

Brenda and I got together regularly for about three years from the time she was 10. Then I got married and life kind of took over from there. Brenda was always 10 years old in my mind until she came to my house for dinner, now a grandmother!

All those years ago, when I was Living On Purpose as a young adult, I didn't realize that I would impact a girl so much that she would look me up and contact me in her late 30s.

She has come through many challenges in her life, has raised her own children to adulthood, and become a loving grandmother. I am very proud of Brenda and am thankful that she was there for me when I was looking for a way to impact the life of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment